Where has the practice of sending screen shots as source code come from?

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Mon Jan 29 15:13:33 EST 2018

On 01/29/2018 01:43 PM, John Ladasky wrote:
> On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 7:07:11 AM UTC-8, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>>
>> (The day a programmer posts a WAV file of themselves reading their code
>> out aloud, is the day I turn my modem off and leave the internet forever.)
>
> What's a... modem?

That would be a MOdulator-DEModulator device.  It's what you plug your
DSL phone line or cable coax into.  At one time it simply plugged into a
regular phone line but there aren't many of those around any more.

You may be connecting directly to a provider's Wifi AP but 90% of the
people still use modems.  And even if you connect directly to an AP that
device still needs to talk to a modem so you are still connected to a
modem at some point.

Modems are still around.  They have simply evolved from the 300 baud
acoustic coupler.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.