Where has the practice of sending screen shots as source code come from?

Jugurtha Hadjar jugurtha.hadjar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 09:20:06 EST 2018

On 01/28/2018 04:43 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I've never been a Windows user, but at my current job, Windows is core to
> just about everything, so I am forced to use it for a lot of stuff
> (Outlook, SQL Server, Excel, etc).

I was hired at a startup which made a good impression on me and I was
eager to start working. I checked in for my first day, signed the
paperwork, then the CTO showed me around and told me "Here's your
laptop, you can install Windows and I'll check in with you later". Life
started draining out of my body and my mind was racing in all directions
before he even finished his sentence. I felt tricked: I was hired based
on a test and the file I've received was a *.tar.gz* and it made me
happy because I assumed they were a NIX shop..

I was considering how I should go about quitting gracefully. I have
stopped using Windows in 2008 for psychological reasons for it made me
really anxious, irritable, angry, and tense to the point of abusing
hardware with low kicks and punches which was not very healthy or sane.
It was only when I switched OS that this behavior stopped. There was no
way I would be going back to my bully.

The CTO then said "Sorry.. I meant Ubuntu." and seeing my pale face, he
said in a reassuring tone "Don't be afraid, there are no Windows
machines here." which brought me back to life.

I hope to be as brave as you some day.

--
~ Jugurtha Hadjar,