Where has the practice of sending screen shots as source code come from?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 10:43:37 EST 2018

I've noticed it as well. I suspect it's from the Windows universe where
it's common to snip a bit of the screen which isn't pure text when asking
about some problematic GUI thing which is causing problems.

I've never been a Windows user, but at my current job, Windows is core to
just about everything, so I am forced to use it for a lot of stuff
(Outlook, SQL Server, Excel, etc). I see lots of screen snips flow around,
and even use that technique at times when asking our help desk for some
mystifying Windows thing.

Skip