Installing "kitchen" module

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:54:18 EST 2018

On 22 January 2018 at 17:20,  <codydaviestv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 03:41:28 UTC+10:30, Paul  Moore  wrote:
>> "python -m pip install kitchen" is probably your best approach (from
>> the CMD prompt).

> Thanks, that seems to have worked. Out of curiosity, what did that change?

The key is that you have to run the command at the CMD prompt, not at
the Python interpreter prompt. The two commands "pip" and "python -m
pip" are basically equivalent, but the executables "python.exe" and
"pip.exe" are installed in different places, and it's possible that
one might be on your PATH but not the other. I knew you were able to
run "python", so I recommended "python -m pip" to avoid the risk that
"pip" wouldn't work because of PATH issues.

Hope that clarifies.
Paul