Can't get python running

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 20:53:48 EST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:21:40 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> Jim, let the installer put it where it wants to, and make sure you've
>> added it to PATH. Then you should be able to type "py" to start Python.
>
> Shouldn't the installer ensure that it puts "py" somewhere on the path?

Only if you tick the box to do that (or at least, that was the case a
few versions ago). You don't have to do it manually, but you do have
to make sure the box is ticked. (Which might just mean making sure you
don't UNtick it; I don't know what the default is.)

ChrisA