Can't get python running

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Sat Jan 20 20:08:01 EST 2018

On 20/01/2018 17:16, Jim Sadler wrote:
> I downloaded python 3.6.4 and although everything about the installation
> seems correct (path, file size, checking on cmd to see if file installed
> correctly-it is)

What do you mean by 'checking on cmd'?

I would install it somewhere like c:\python364, then it is easier to
find than having it buried in its default installation path (I assume
this is Windows).

If it's installed properly, then python.exe should be present in
c:\python364, and you can start it with:

   c:\python364\python

or:

   c:
   cd \python364
   python

I assume you can open a command prompt. If not in python364, then
substitute the actual installation path.

Or click Start, and type python.exe into the search box. If it finds it,
click it.

--
bartc