Can't get python running

Jim Sadler blue4comet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 12:16:55 EST 2018

I downloaded python 3.6.4 and although everything about the installation
seems correct (path, file size, checking on cmd to see if file installed
correctly-it is) the only window that will pop up when I attempt to run it
is the set-up window offering to modify, restore, or uninstall.  I have
uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, run the repair
function many times and nothing changes.  Would someone please help me or
direct me to someone who can?  Thank you.