Fourth example from PEP 342

Léo El Amri leo at superlel.me
Sat Jan 20 07:36:00 EST 2018

On 20/01/2018 11:55, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> control is returned to t.resume. nonblocking_accept is supposed to be a
> coroutine
> Ergo, it schedules the nonblocking_accept coroutine (‘value’) to be
> called on the next iteration, and keeps the running listen_on coroutine
> (‘coroutine’) on the stack for safekeeping.

Hello Thomas,

I missed THE point of the examples. nonblocking_accept is a coroutine. I
was stuck in the C way of doing non blocking, and I was wondering what
was the magic behind the examples.

Perfect explanation, now I understand. Still, I also wonder how theses
"nonblocking_" functions are meant to be implemented. But it's another
topic.

Thanks.