How to use asyncore with SSL?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:23:14 EST 2018

I've been trying to use the secure smtpd module from
https://github.com/bcoe/secure-smtpd, but the SSL support seems to be
fundamentally broken.  That module simply wraps a socket and then
expects to use it in the normal way via asyncore.

Of course that fails the first time an ssl-wrapped-socket's send or
recv method raises SSLWantReadError or SSLWantWriteError.  Those
exceptions aren't handled and it crashes.

That makes the SSL support pretty much useless.

I'm trying to fix that, but I can't find any information or
documentation about using asyncore with SSL.

Alternatively, a pointer to a simpler smtp server library that
supports SSL would be great. The use of asyncore and multiprocessing
process pools by this module is _way_ overkill for my needs and
results in something that 1) doesn't work, and 2) can't be debugged.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Pardon me, but do you
                                  at               know what it means to be