Why does pylint give this warning?

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 18:38:51 EST 2018

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 10:32:44 PM UTC, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > I cannot replicate this with
> >
> > $ pylint --version
> > Using config file /home/petto/.pylintrc
> > pylint 1.8.1,
> > astroid 1.6.0
> > Python 3.4.0 (default, Apr 11 2014, 13:05:11)
> > [GCC 4.8.2]
> >
> > $ cat pylint_fodder.py
> > class FooBar:
> >     def __len__(self):
> >         return 42
> >     def __repr__(self):
> >         return "FooBar(length={})".format(len(self))
> >
> > $ pylint pylint_fodder.py
> > Using config file /home/petto/.pylintrc
> > ************* Module pylint_fodder
> > C:  1, 0: Missing module docstring (missing-docstring)
> > C:  1, 0: Missing class docstring (missing-docstring)
> > R:  1, 0: Too few public methods (0/2) (too-few-public-methods)
>
> Ditto. Mark, do you have any tweaks in your .pylintrc file which might
> affect it?
>
> Skip

Having followed Peter's advice everything worked a treat once I'd put my changes  into the new configuration file.  Having compared it to the old one it looks as if I'd upgraded pylint but didn't regenerate the config file, as there were a number of obvious changes.  Thanks for the help guys, and if nothing else this is on the record for anyone with the same or similar problems.

--
Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.