Simple graphic library for beginners

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jan 10 15:13:55 EST 2018

On 10/01/2018 17:36, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 01/10/2018 10:22 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>   Hi,
>> wxPython/Phoenix.
>> It can do everything you need and more....
>
> But the OP isn't looking for a full-blown GUI toolkit.  I went back and
> re-read his post to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding.  Therefore I
> don't think the suggestion to use wxPython or PyQt is that helpful.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?
>
> Even Cairo is pretty complicated (requiring pens and contexts) for what
> he's asking for.
>
> Personally I don't think it gets much easier or simpler than this sort
> of thing:
> https://github.com/Mekire/pygame-samples

I couldn't see anything obviously simple there. A lot seems to do with
interaction which is always much more complicated than just drawing stuff.

'Turtle' will do it (assuming there's a way of drawing things without
having to watch an actual turtle symbol crawling around the screen).

One simple library of my own (not for Python) would use one function
call to create a window, and another to draw an element (say, a box)
within that window. (Plus a third to keep it on the screen otherwise it
will disappear when the program terminates.)

The only way to get it simpler than that is where the display window is
always present (like some old Basics).

--
bartc