Simple graphic library for beginners

oliver oliver.schoenborn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:16:49 EST 2018

Pyqt without hesitation.

   - I've used it in full-fledged desktop app (120k LOC) and it's just
   awesome, so well documented, versatile, and you can learn gradually
   (starting with their simpler tablewidget then later move to their
   tableview/model for added flexibility).
   - Qt is moving so fast into iot and automotive and is so popular on
   desktops, that it's a skill that gets noticed on resumes or in interviews
   (i'm talking from first hand experience).
   - It is available in multiple languages like Java, Go and C#, although I
   have not used those wrappers (the PyQt wrapper is based on sip, whereas
   these other ones are not, so I have no idea about stability etc).
   - the community is huge, there are powerful tools like pytest.qt plugin
   for unit testing GUI, pycharm IDE integrates with it.
   - there is dual license based on LGPL and commercial, with reasonable
   costs, perfect for learning/startup then eventually (if that's the goal
   medium or long term) distribute/sell.

Oliver