Tips or strategies to understanding how CPython works under the hood

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:42:54 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:20 AM, ElChino <elchino at cnn.cn> wrote:
> Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> CPython is a stack-based interpreter, which means it loads values onto
>> an (invisible) internal stack, processes values at the top of the
>> stack, and removes them when it's done.
>

> Is this similar to how Lua operates too?

I don't know (haven't looked into Lua's implementation at all), but it
would be highly likely. Stack-based interpreters are a pest to
actually program against, as it's too easy to mess something up, but
they're beautifully easy to implement; so it's very common to compile
to a stack-based bytecode.

ChrisA