[OT] Re: has sourceforge exposed the dirty little secret ?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jan 7 18:50:01 EST 2018

On Sunday 07 January 2018 17:37:14 Random832 wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 7, 2018, at 17:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > 🐍 💻
> >
> > But here its broken and I am looking at two pairs of vertical boxes
> > because it is not properly mime'd. If you use chars or gliphs from a
> > non-default charset, it needs to demarcated with a mime-boundary
> > marker followed by the new type definition. Your email/news agent
> > did not do that.
>
> UTF-8 is the default character set, and anyway his message does have a
> content-type of 'text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"'. Your
> environment not having font support and/or support for non-BMP
> characters is not a deficiency in the message.

That, now that you mention it, could also effect this as I see it, my
default kmail message body font is hack 14 in deference to the age of my
eyes.

My system default font is I believe utf-8. That is not a kmail settable
option. But if I uncheck the "use custom fonts", it is still two pair of
character outlines. So to what family of fonts do these characters
belong?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)