Spectre/Meltdown bug affecting Python ?

Etienne Robillard tkadm30 at yandex.com
Sat Jan 6 07:43:24 EST 2018

My understanding of this vulnerability is that speculative indirect
calls in Linux kernel can be used to extract/filter memory content via
side-channels.

So, is it time to implement --enable-retpoline to CPython ? [1]

Etienne

1.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/google-unveils-new-retpoline-coding-technique-for-mitigating-spectre-attacks/

--