Goto

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Tue Jan 2 12:34:06 EST 2018

On 02/01/2018 15:20, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 1:51 AM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:

>> I like to write code in a simple, clean, universal style that everyone can
>> understand.
>>
>> That doesn't mean it has to look like Fortran.
>
> Why are you using a Python interpreter then? Why are you here on
> python-list, talking about Python? There must be SOME reason for using
> this language rather than another.

I'm more familiar with Python than any other like languages.

If I desperately needed a dynamic language and I couldn't use my own,
then I would use Python.

But I would need to use it on my own terms, regardless of whether the
result is 'pythonic'. If the language had 'goto', then I would use it if
I found it apt.

However, the discussion here is academic, so it doesn't matter who uses
what.

Apart from anything else, Python is never going to officially adopt
'goto'. (Regardless of some version of it being available as an add-on
library. Most things seem to be.)

--
bartc