Goto (Posting On Python-List Prohibited)

John Q Hacker zondervanz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 15:00:13 EST 2018

>> I don’t use gotos in C code. Why should it be “harder” in a higher-level
>> language?
>
> Good for you.
>
> Looking at 14 million lines of Linux kernel sources, which are in C,
> over 100,000 of them use 'goto'. About one every 120 lines.

Most use of goto's implies a lack of understanding of the unseen
architecture of the problem domain itself (otherwise, you wouldn't
have structured your program with that architecture).  The only
remaining use is optimization, and most of that is probably premature,
as use of gotos *can* make things hard to understand, but using labels
is a pretty happy medium.

Marxos