Goto (Posting On Python-List Prohibited)

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Mon Jan 1 06:48:57 EST 2018

On 01/01/2018 00:40, MRAB wrote:
> On 2017-12-31 23:21, bartc wrote:

[Block delimiting]

> proc fn2(int a)=
> end
>
> (or possibly "inline f123=").
>
> [snip]
>
> OT: if "case ... esac" and "if ... fi", why not "proc ... corp"? :-)

(I don't think Algol-68 used corp otherwise it might have been copied
too. But I also have 'function', and 'noitcnuf' would be a bit much.

Anyway in this variation of the syntax, there is a choice of block endings.

So 'case' can be closed with 'end', 'endcase', 'end case' or 'esac'.

With loops like while-do, either 'while' or 'do' can be the keyword.

For some kinds of blocks, (...) can be used.

But there can't be no block ending as in Python; there has to be
something. Indentation here is not significant.)

--
bartc