Detection of ultrasonic side channels in mobile devices with Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:32:00 EST 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:54:52 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> But this part sounds like prime quality tinfoil hat material:
>>
>>> Tell me how exactly ultrasonic side channels may activate remotely
>>> specific neural pathways implicated in aggressivity and how to block
>>> theses specific side channels from neuromodulating human behavior.
>

> I wouldn't entirely rule it out. (On the other hand, I wouldn't give it
> much credence in the absence of solid evidence either.) I'm too lazy to
> google it right now, but I recall that there's definitely evidence for
> inaudible *subsonic* frequencies being able to affect human emotions,
> mostly to induce feelings of disquiet and nameless dread.

Yeah, it might well be possible, but that doesn't change the fact that
the greatest interest will come from the same sort of people who turn
their PCs' screens to the wall to prevent them from spying during the
night, believe that contrails are mind control tools, and wear foil
hats to prevent the government from reading their thoughts.

ChrisA