Drinking from the fire-hose

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:06:35 EST 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> Hey Chris, regretting writing that "Statement-Local Name Bindings" PEP
> yet? :-)

Haha, nah. I'm okay with the fire hose.

> I know *I'm* regretting that you wrote it, because this is the sort of
> language feature that has the potential to make Python significantly ugly
> and worse, and I'd like to have my say, but there's no way I have time to
> troll through 50+ and counting (in just 25 hours!) posts.

But the proposals keep coming up every now and then. This way, if the
PEP gets rejected, it'll be easy to point people to it instead of
having to rehash the arguments every time.

Maybe flip through the PEP and make comments on that, regardless of
multiple times during PEP firehosings, and it doesn't much bother me.

ChrisA