Detection of ultrasonic side channels in mobile devices with Python?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Feb 28 18:23:57 EST 2018

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 16:13:52 -0500, Etienne Robillard wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I want to know why this question is being silently ignored by this
> group.

Possibly because we have no idea of the answer? Or we thought it was too
obvious to answer?

Do you have a microphone that can detect ultrasound? Can Python
communicate with that microphone? If the answer to both of those
questions is Yes, then the answer to your question is also yes.

The answer to EVERY question "Can Python do Foo?" usually comes down to:

- can you do Foo using a computer? then Python can do it too

although it might not always be fast enough.

[...]
> I want to know what exactly do I need to develop open source softwares
> for analyzing and decoding ultrasonic side channels in smart tvs, mobile
> phones, and computers in Python.

What makes you think we're experts on analyzing and decoding ultrasonic
side channels in smart TVs, mobile phones, or computers? Let alone all
three.

> Tell me how exactly ultrasonic side channels may activate remotely
> specific neural pathways implicated in aggressivity and how to block
> theses specific side channels from neuromodulating human behavior.

And what on Earth gave you the idea that we're experts on ultrasonic
activation of neural pathways????

I'd go further... what gave you the idea that ANYONE is an expert on
ultrasonic activation of neural pathways?

--
Steve