How to make Python run as fast (or faster) than Julia

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:13:02 EST 2018

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 1:55:35 PM UTC-6, Jack Fearnley wrote:
[...]
> I realize that this thread is about benchmarking and not
> really about generating fibonacci numbers, but I hope
> nobody is using this code to generate them on a
> 'production' basis,

I've been raising the warning flags about that awful
Fibonacci example for years!

First it was in the tutorial, and then, they plastered it on
the front page of Python.org like it were some sort of
trophy...

At this point i have concluded that it must be: (1) a
sadistic noob hazing device, or (2) a straw-stuffed,
anthropomorphic, crow-poop-riddled monster that sends the
seasoned programmers off in the opposite direction.