Are the critiques in "All the things I hate about Python" valid?

Wild, Marcel, Prof <mwild@sun.ac.za> mwild at sun.ac.za
Tue Feb 20 12:11:05 EST 2018

I scarcely know Python, and I have no intention delving into it further.
 I was forced to use Python because it features binary decision diagrams, which MATHEMATICA doesn't. Coming from Mathematica the account of Nathan Murphy reads like a nightmare.

The one point that stroke me the most was the schism between Python 2 and 3. No such thing with Mathematica: All its 11 or more versions are fully compatible, I never experienced any problems in this regard.

Another point is the bad online help provided to "teach yourself" Python. For instance, it took me more than an hour to find out how to negate a Boolean variable, whereas in Mathematica you would just type "Negation" in the Wolfram Documentation search window, and get the information you need.

I know one pays for Mathematica whereas Python is open source, but I've come to realize now that this money is very well spent!

Question: Apart from a few commands not available in Mathematica, such as expr2bdd, is there really any domain of computation where Mathematica is inferior to Python?

Marcel