Python 2 to 3 Conversion

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:29:30 EST 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Wildman via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:55:28 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> The given homepage URL is
>> http://alastairs-place.net/projects/netifaces/ - is that the right
>> one?
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> Yes, that is the right one.  Now I'm feeling a little stupid.
> I should have remembered that many python library package
> names start with python- or python3-. <red-face/palm>
>
> Problem solved.  A thousand thank-you's.

No problem, this is why we don't work alone :) If you can work with
that on all the platforms you need, awesome! The dirtiness of calling
a subprocess or an opaque IOCTL can be wrapped up nicely inside a
library. Always an improvement IMO.

ChrisA