Are the critiques in "All the things I hate about Python" valid?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 18 20:54:06 EST 2018

Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> writes:

> Doesn't sound like the sort of thing that you should expect a Type
> Checker to find.

Yes, exactly. This point is evidently ignored by people who moan that
Python, though it has strong types, is prone to bugs because it has
dynamic binding.

As Steven points out, and you say so succinctly, there are plenty of
bugs a programmer will write, that a type checker can't catch. So
dynamic binding is not a barrier to catching those bugs.

--
 \     “Listen: we are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody |
  `\                  tell you otherwise.” —_Timequake_, Kurt Vonnegut |