Python on Android?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 04:57:02 EST 2018

Does anyone have experience with running Python scripts on Android
phones? I have a brother (honestly! I'm not actually using a phone
myself!) who's trying to run one of my scripts in QPython, which
claims to be version 3.2.2. I think that really truly is a Python 3.2
implementation - probing for newer features suggests that it actually
doesn't even support the u"..." syntax that came (back) in with Python
3.3. So... does anyone know of a Python interpreter that's compatible
with 3.4 or better and runs on Android?

Personal experiences trump just searching the web...

ChrisA