Are the critiques in "All the things I hate about Python" valid?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 00:11:35 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Type safety.
>
> This is often touted as a necessity for industrial-grade software. It
> isn't...

Chris, would you mind expanding on this point?  What is necessary for
industrial-grade, safe, robust software?  Do statically-typed
languages give any real advantage over dynamically-typed languages in
this context?  I know much is achieved by how the software is designed
and the practices used to implement the design that are independent of
the language used.  But what language features/components are
essential for industrial-grade software?

--
boB