Respam levels.

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Wed Feb 14 04:59:31 EST 2018

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at gmail.com> writes:

>> This may be the result of a misconfigured spam filter, or an actual spam
>> attack; anyway, I've now filtered news.bbs.geek.nz from my feed.
>>
> IIRC the same source for the "nospam" stuff of some months ago which I
> believe was purely accidental.

It's kinda funny, back in the 90s Usenet was spammed every now and again
by various misconfigured BBS's running a Usenet gateway. Usually sending
all messages back from every group to every group. I thought BBS's are
fairly dead and Usenet is mostly gone too but apparently this downside
has made a comeback.