Adding colormaps?

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:19:26 EST 2018

Den 2017-01-23 skrev Albert-Jan Roskam <sjeik_appie at hotmail.com>:
> (sorry for top-posting)
> I does not appear to be possible in matplolibrc (1). But you can
> use matplotlib.cm.register_cmap to register new cmaps (2) such
> as these (3).
>
> (Note: I did not try this)
>
> (1)http://matplotlib.org/1.4.0/users/customizing.html
> (2)http://matplotlib.org/api/cm_api.html
> (3)https://github.com/BIDS/colormap/blob/master/colormaps.py

More than a year later I think I can advice on the best workaround:
Use virtualenv and you can work with newer versions of Python packages
than those available in your Linux distro of base Python installation.

I am currently learning to use jupyter notebook, pandas and other
nice packages in much more recent versions than available in my Linux
distro.

I hope I can copy this onto my computer at work -- running another Linux
distro where virtualenv3 does not seem to be available.

/Martin