This newsgroup (comp.lang.python) may soon be blocked by Google Gro

Fri Feb 9 18:44:57 EST 2018

On 2/9/18 6:19 PM, codewizard at gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 5:03:45 PM UTC-5, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> ... yet they're okay with you browsing newsgroups? I think you may
>>> have a Layer Eight conflict here.
>>>
>>> ChrisA
>> If he can browse, he can get E-Mail with Gmail/Yahoo/AOL/etc, his normal
>> mail ISP likely even supports some form of Web Mail Client.
>>
>> If they are blocking these, but not Google Groups, there is a major
>> disconnect in the rules.
>>
>> --
>> Richard Damon
> Disconnect or not, I can browse GG and post replies (e.g., this one).
> I have no access to gmail or any other email provider.
>
> Regards,
> Igor.

My guess then is that your access to google groups is also against your
companies policies, they just haven't put an enforcement in their
firewalls because it is too obscure for the IT department to have
thought of.

Based on the sort of broad blocking they are doing, I am a bit surprised
they seem to be black listing rather than white listing the web.

--
Richard Damon