This newsgroup (comp.lang.python) may soon be blocked by Google Gro

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 06:57:46 EST 2018

On 09/02/18 11:23, John Ladasky wrote:

> I haven't visited GMane in a few years, but I found it difficult to navigate.  In particular, I found searching to be cumbersome.  Weren't the archives broken into 30-day blocks?
>
> I just tried GMane again two minutes ago.  I can't confirm my recollections, but right now what I'm seeing is worse.  If you follow this link right now... (http://gmane.org/find.php?list=comp.lang.python)... you get this:
>
> "Not all of Gmane is back yet - We're working hard to restore everything"
>
> And if you follow the link labeled "The latest news is at Gmane News" at the bottom of that page, it takes you here... (http://home.gmane.org/)... and the top blog post discussing site repairs is dated September 2016!
>
> I'm not too excited about trying GMane again after seeing that.

Please don't waste your time with the gmane website.  Just point any
(semi-)decent mail client like Thunderbird at news.gmane.org and you've
access to hundreds of Python lists and thousands of other technical
lists.  I find the search facilities perfectly adequate.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence