[Python-Dev] How to set/update value in a xml file using requests in python

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 11:45:01 EST 2018

This is more relevant to python-list than python-dev. I've added
python-list to the To header.

Gmail doesn't appear to allow setting a reply-to for a single message,
so I've not set that; please, when replying, drop python-dev from the
to: header.

You'll likely want to set up some kind of REST endpoint to allow
updating your xml file.  Imagine if anyone could change anyone else's
xml files - it'd be pretty chaotic.

Perhaps flask would be appropriate?
http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/0.12/quickstart/

You likely will want a PUT or a POST HTTP verb:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/107390/whats-the-difference-between-a-post-and-a-put-http-request

HTH.