Benchmarking Django on PyPy with unittest?

Etienne Robillard tkadm30 at yandex.com
Thu Feb 8 04:31:38 EST 2018

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

I never used the requests module, but it looks like a very good pick to
test the Django wsgi handler. :-)

Currently my tests/benchmarks folder looks like this:

tests/benchmarks/lib

tests/benchmarks/lib/django_sqlite # Django 1.11 specific project directory

tests/benchmarks/lib/django_sqlite/myapp # Test app for benchmarking
templates, views, and core django api

tests/benchmarks/lib/django_sqlite/polls # Tutorial app for benchmarking
django orm/sqlite on pypy and cpython

tests/benchmarks/uwsgi # Testsuite for uWSGI

tests/benchmarks/django1 # Testsuite for Django 1.11

tests/benchmarks/django2 # Testsuite for Django 2

To run the benchmarks testsuite on pypy:

$ cd tests
$ source ./djangorc
$ pypy ./run.py -C benchmarks/uwsgi # Run testsuite for the uwsgi handler
$ pypy ./run.py -C benchmarks/django1 # Run testsuite for the django
1.11 api
$ pypy ./run.py -C benchmarks/django2 # Run testsuite for the django 2.0
api

Ideally, i would like to compile benchmarks data, but I have not yet
understood how to do this. :-)

Cheers,

Etienne