Python "Bad syntax"

darkorbitaknaentou at centrum.cz darkorbitaknaentou at centrum.cz
Mon Feb 5 12:13:26 EST 2018

Hi, I have a problem in continuing the function.

I'm a beginner, I'm learning from a textbook. I'm going to put the following examples from a textbook that displays "wrong syntax"

>>> for letter in "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ":
            if letter in "AEIOU":
                print(letter, "is a vowel")
           else:
                 print(letter, "is a consonant")

In this text, I will write a "wrong syntax" after confirming the "else" function. How is it possible? Using the Bad Version of Python? Please, please, thank you very much!

The same error is in the "break" function:

>>> while True:
              item = get_next_item()
              if not item:
                   break
              process_item(item)

Here 'wrong syntax' occurs after the "break".

How is it possible? Bad version of Python? Which version to use?

Thank you for any advice and help!