Help on PyImport_Import(pNAme)

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Feb 5 02:37:23 EST 2018

Jason Qian via Python-list <python-list at python.org> writes:

>   This only works when loading  modules from the current directory.
>   Is there a way I can load from somewhere else ?

Have a look at the module `importlib` and especially its function
`import_module`.

Python knows about two forms of "import": "absolute import"
and "relative import".
An "absolute import" tries (in the usual case) to import from a list
of directories, maintained in "sys.path"; a "relative import"
(recognized via the module name starting with a .") relative to
a package.

Section 31.5.6.3 of
"https://docs.python.org/3/library/importlib.html#module-importlib.util"
tells you how to import a source file directly (independent from
any context).