3.6.4 IDLE

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Feb 4 20:32:07 EST 2018

On 2/4/2018 4:09 PM, Rob Alspach wrote:
> Hi Everybody! I just installed python 3.6.4 it was a fresh install (no
> former versions). I have never used python but have some IS background. The
> videos I am seeing online all show the IDE / IDLE; however, it does not
> install for me. I am installing from the download
> python-3.6.4-embed-amd64.zip.

This is for people who want to embed Python in a C program, or something
like that.  Go back to
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-364/
and get either a 32-bit x86 or 64-bit x86-64 installer.
I suggest the 64-bit if your Win10 is 64-bit, as is likely.
I suggest the 'executable' versus the 'web-based' installer, as one can
read something else while downloading (less than a minute), and one will
have the installer to repair or revise, but that is up to you.

--
Terry Jan Reedy