Trace back error just trying to run a simple import of requests

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Thu Feb 1 22:40:39 EST 2018

On 02Feb2018 02:01, William Sewell <william.sewell at wgu.edu> wrote:
>It is allright.  I just cannot account for the sudden change.  In my usual path everything worked fine.  Now, I have to navigate to where the Python executable, even though I have added the path to the Windows path.

Unfortunately I'm not an expert in how Python works on Windows; I gather it is
rather different an experience from my usual UNIX environment.

I would guess that the requests module is not installed in a place in your
normal Python's sys.path, but because the current directory is normally a part
of that, navigating to the Python install area makes the module findable.

You should be able to make it work anywhere with the right Python path setting.
Hopefully a Windows person can assist with the specifics.

>Please close my case.

This is a mailing list! There's no ticket :-) Just idle people prepared to
help.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)