This newsgroup (comp.lang.python) may soon be blocked by Google Groups

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:34:32 EST 2018

On 2018-02-01, Jan van den Broek <balglaas at dds.nl> wrote:
> On 2018-02-01, superchromix <markb77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Our own programming discussion newsgroup, located at
>> comp.lang.idl-pvwave, started receiving spam messages several
>> months ago.
>>
>> Two weeks ago, access to comp.lang.idl-pvwave was blocked by Google
>> Groups.
[...]
> [Schnipp]
>
> Personally I would see this as an improvement.

I plonked all posts from google groops yonks ago.  Now that gmane's
web UI is gone, maybe google groups is useful as a searchable archive
(I don't know, I've never used it).  For me, google groups is nothing
but a source of spam.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Let's send the
                                  at               Russians defective