Begginers problem : tar: Error opening archive: Can't initialize filter; unable to run program "bzip2 -d

Rand .J jbl.rand at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 03:15:53 EST 2018

Hello everyone

I'm completely new to python and I'm facing this problem :

I'm trying to run this code from : https://github.com/pnnl/*safekit* ,using
cmd on windows 10, I already installed python. when I type the command: tar
-xjvf data_examples.tar.bz2

I keep getting the error: tar: Error opening archive: Can't initialize
filter; unable to run program "bzip2 -d"

I have tried to download bzip2 through easy-7 zip and GnuWin32 , but it
didn't work. Can any one help me? Thank you

P.S.: this might not be a Python specific problem, but I searched for the
same problem before posting mine.

I apologize for any inconvenience

Thank you