ANN: DIPY 0.15.0 release

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:38:35 EST 2018

We are excited to announce a new release of Diffusion Imaging in Python
(DIPY).

DIPY 0.15 (Wednesday, 12 December 2018)

This release received contributions from 30 developers (the full release
notes are at: http://dipy.org/release0.15.html
<http://nipy.org/dipy/release0.12.html>)

Highlights of this release include:

   -

   Updated RecoBundles for automatic anatomical bundle segmentation.
   -

   New Reconstruction Model: qtau-dMRI signal representation.
   -

   New command line interfaces (e.g., dipy_slr).
   -

   New continuous integration with AppVeyor CI.
   -

   Nibabel Streamlines API now used almost everywhere for better memory
   management.
   -

   Compatibility with Python 3.7.
   -

   Many tutorials added or updated (5 New).
   -

   Large overall documentation update.
   -

   Moved visualization module to a new library: FURY.
   -

   Closed 287 issues and merged 93 pull requests.

Want to learn more?

The DIPY project is hosting an educational workshop March 11-15 at Indiana
University, USA. The event is sponsored by the National Institute of Health
(NIH). See topics and detailed information here:

https://workshop.dipy.org

The workshop will include tutorials on tracking, microstructure, and
statistical analysis. The workshop will also include a data accelerator
where you will be able to analyze your own data together with the DIPY
<http://dipy.org/> developers. More than 15 DIPY developers will be
available this year on site to help. All tutorials will run on 3 levels:
novice, intermediate and advanced. Register here <https://workshop.dipy.org>
.

To upgrade or install <http://dipy.org/release0.10.html> DIPY

Run the following command in your terminal:
<http://dipy.org/release0.10.html>

pip install --upgrade dipy

or

conda install -c conda-forge dipy

This version of DIPY depends on nibabel (2.3.0+).

Questions or suggestions?

For any questions go to http://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
dipy at python.org <neuroimaging at python.org>

We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy

On behalf of the DIPY developers,

Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro

http://dipy.org/developers.html