multiple JSON documents in one file, change proposal

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 07:27:32 EST 2018

On 01/12/2018 10:10, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> In my case, I need an explicit terminator marker to know when a JSON
> value is complete. For example, if I should read from a socket:
>
>     123

[snip]

You're having to invent a transport protocol to encapsulate your data
protocol because you don't otherwise have the information you're after
(packet length in this case).  This shouldn't be a surprise.

The OSI seven-layer model of networking may be overkill for most
purposes, but it is worth knowing.  We can often get away with omitting
layers.  You just hit a case where you can't.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd