What Python books to you recommend to beginners?

songbird songbird at anthive.com
Sun Dec 2 14:43:59 EST 2018

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 12:40:44 -0500, songbird <songbird at anthive.com>
> declaimed the following:
>

>>  as references those are useful, but howabout
>>something a bit more conceptual or design oriented?
>>

> 	At that level, you are not looking for "Python" books but rather
> software engineering texts -- which should provide concepts you then map
> into the language being used.

  but i am...

> has OOP features -- you don't have to code your own dispatching logic. The
> current favored notation for OOAD modeling is UML, so a book on UML might
> be useful:
>
> Beginning UML 2.0 (O'Reilly)
> UML Distilled (Addison-Wesley)
> Using UML (Addison-Wesley)
>
> 	These are somewhat old and may have newer texts available. It's been
> some 5+ years since I bought any books of this class; my more recent books
> have been microprocessor subjects (Arduino, R-Pi, Beaglebone, PIC and ARM
> Cortex M-series)

  thanks,

  i'll look at UML, not sure i want to learn yet another
language on top of python.

  my goal in learning python was to use it as a way of
picking up OOP concepts in a more concrete way (theory
alone doesn't give me enough hands on the bits i need so
i tend to just do other things instead).

  now that i've used python for a starting project and
have that project mostly working i want to step back and
work on the OOP aspects.

  songbird