Shall I worry about python2/3 compatibility when using library?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:11:50 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-31, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> That said, some people will continue to use existing python 2 code for a
> decade or more.

People like me.  I do a lot of serial and network protocol handling in
Python, and the changes to the handling of bytes vs. strings in Python
3 means that sort of thing is less work in Python 2.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Wait ... is this a FUN
                                  at               THING or the END of LIFE in