UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d in position 10442: character maps to <undefined>

pjmclenon at gmail.com pjmclenon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:21:30 EDT 2018

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:14:06 AM UTC-4, INADA Naoki wrote:
> ​> 1st is this script is from a library module online open source
>
> If it's open source, why didn't you show the link to the soruce?
> I assume your code is this:
>
> https://github.com/siddharth2010/String-Search/blob/6770c7a1e811a5d812e7f9f7c5c83a12e5b28877/createIndex.py
>
> And self.collFile is opened here:
>
> https://github.com/siddharth2010/String-Search/blob/6770c7a1e811a5d812e7f9f7c5c83a12e5b28877/createIndex.py#L91
>
> You need to add `encoding='utf-8'` argument.

August 30 2018
reference to same open source script which you solved for unoicode error

hello i have qustion
my script runs correctly ..either in the original state on python 2.7 or after several adjustments in python 3

my question is ... at the moment i can only run it on windows cmd prompt with a multiple line entry as so::

python createIndex_tfidf.py stopWords.dat testCollection.dat testIndex.dat titleIndex.dat

and then to query and use the newly created index as so:

python queryIndex_tfidf.py stopWords.dat testIndex.dat titleIndex.dat

how can i run just one file at a time?..or actually link to a front end GUI ,so when an question or word or words is input to the input box..it can go to the actiona dnrun the above mentioned lines of code

any one on the forum know??

if you have the time kindly reply when you have some time

thank you very much
tommy