Connection refused when tryign to run bottle/flask web framweworks

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:09:22 EDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 05:07:59 -0700 (PDT), ?????
> <nikos.at.superhost at gmail.com> declaimed the following:
>
> >?? ???????, 20 ????????? 2018 - 7:59:06 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ??????? dieter ??????:

> >> Likely, the code above is supposed to start the server component.
> >> Ensure, that the start is successful (I typically use "lsof -i"
> >> to find out whether a server is listening on the expected port).
> >
> >Iam trying to access the bottle web framework running on my VPS as
> >
> >http://superhost.gr:8080/hello
> >
> >i get connection refused
>
>         Note that the coded snippet says LOCALHOST... It is NOT listening for
> connections coming from anything except 127.0.0.1!
>

> >[root at superhost public_html]# python3 app.py
> >Bottle v0.12.13 server starting up (using WSGIRefServer())...
> >Listening on http://localhost:8080/
> >Hit Ctrl-C to quit.
> >
> >So, i wonder why the socket with port 8080 aint being displayed.
>
>         Same... it is configured to only listen to connections from the same
> (virtual?) machine on which it is running.
>
> C:\Users\Wulfraed>nslookup superhost.gr
> Server:  dsldevice6.attlocal.net
> Address:  2600:1700:e630:890::1
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    superhost.gr
> Address:  176.223.129.220
>

> C:\Users\Wulfraed>
>

>         Obviously "superhost.gr" @ 176.223.129.220 is NOT the same as
> "localhost" at 127.0.0.1
>

> --
>         Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>         wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>
> --
although i don't offer advice too often here, as i am kind of
retired., this is extremely reminiscent of a whole lot of server issue
posts from I believe this same OP some years ago.  It will soon become
a rabbit hole.  take care to get involved.  I believe then he was
nikos cranus or something that translated into metal head in english.

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com/blog