Pylint false positives

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Aug 21 12:38:00 EDT 2018

Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>:

> Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> Lexically, there is special access:
>>
>>    class C:
>>        def __init__(self, some, arg):
>>            c = self
>>            class D:
>>                def method(self):
>>                    access(c)
>>                    access(some)
>>                    access(arg)
>
> [...]
>
> you can do that without creating a new class every time you want an
> instance. You just have to be *slightly* more explicit about the link
> between the inner and outer instances.

By "*slightly* more explicit," do you mean more syntactic clutter?

Because of course you replace inner classes and closures with top-level
classes and methods of top-level classes.

And of course, I would prefer not to create a class for a singleton
object:

    class C:
        def __init__(self, some, arg):
            c = self
            self.d = object:
                def method(self):
                    access(c)
                    access(some)
                    access(arg)

Unfortunately, there is no such syntax in Python.

Marko