Pylint false positives

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat Aug 18 17:11:30 EDT 2018

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> Your acceptance of closures is a perfect proof of how magic stops
> looking like magic once you get accustomed to it.

Actually, that's a very good observation. You should stick with a
smallish kernel of primitives and derive the universe from them.

Anyway, functions as first-class objects are truly foundational in all
high-level programming. In Python programming, I mostly run into
closures through inner classes (as in Java).

> If you can accept closures because they just DTRT, why not accept a
> much simpler and more obvious operation like putting a 'def' statement
> in a loop?

Nothing wrong or extraordinary with putting a def statement in a loop,
but populating an object with fields (methods) in a loop is very rarely
a good idea.

Marko