Pylint false positives

Dan Sommers dan at tombstonezero.net
Fri Aug 17 04:47:06 EDT 2018

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 09:46:01 +0200, Frank Millman wrote:

> It is just a slight annoyance (to me) that pylint complains about the
> subclass methods when they are called from the Field class. I don't
> mind adding 10 stub methods to the Field class to keep it happy, but I
> do not get the feeling that it is improving my code. I do grant,
> however, that it may be of benefit to someone reading my code for the
> first time.

What about the next subclass, the one that doesn't exist today?  If you
write it, then you know to create those ten methods.  If I write it,
though, then those ten stubs tell me that I have to override them, and
their docstrings tell me how.  That is a huge improvement in long term
maintainability.

Dan