Pylint false positives

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Aug 17 03:23:24 EDT 2018

Frank Millman wrote:

> I find that using a separate method per subclass does exactly what I want,
> and that part of my project has been working stably for some time.

I think that approach is fine. Do not let a tool have you bend over
backwards. Do not give in to pylint's nagging when you are convinced that
your solution is a good one.

Personally I often prefer code with a score of eight or nine to a "perfect"
ten achieved by mechanically working around pylint's complaints.

PS: In this case I'd probably start with a noop check that allows everything
rather than draw in the abc machinery, but /chacun/ /à/ /son/ /goût/.