Python-Tkinter issue. Multiple overlaping event routines called by single click

wfgazdzik at gmail.com wfgazdzik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 16:01:44 EDT 2018

I have a main window open.  Then I open a tk.TopLevel dialog window giving the user multiple choices.  He selects one, the corresponding event is executed.  Then in the underlining main window, just by chance there is another button exactly under the mouse click in the TopLevel dialog window.  Its corresponding event is then triggered.

How can I keep the main window button that just happens to be in the wrong place from being triggered?